Palo Alto Join Khipu for enhanced Visibility an Control Solutions
Tuesday 23rd March, 2010
As part of Khipu’s ‘Visibility and Control’ solution portfolio, we have introduced a new technology to compliment our solution offering to our customers. The vendor ‘Palo Alto’, which you may have come across, is a High Performance Next Generation Firewall solution that is leading the way in consolidation of perimeter security systems, providing complete visibility and control of applications and users. The reasons why we have taken their solution on include; – Extremely High Performance Unified Threat Management (UTM) with extensive reporting; Ideal for Education environments with high bandwidth links and extremely high utilisation;
– Identify and Control Applications;http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/solutions/app-control.html
– Prevent Threats; http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/solutions/threats.html
– Simplify Security Infrastructure;http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/solutions/simplify-security.html
– Market presence; Over 1000 customers including many University environments. Feedback from these Education Institutions has been extremely positive (references available).
– Palo Alto focus heavily within the Education sector and have launched their Education Partner framework (with special pricing) to which Khipu will be part of.
– Can be integrated with Bradford Campus Manager; Providing user/device management in the event of an issue (Virus, Bandwidth quota, P2P etc).
We are launching the product with a number of on-line live web presentations and private screenings of Gartner’s Next Generation Firewall Magic Quadrant Film. Dates are currently being organised and will be sent over shortly. with Netfort LANGuardian to provide customers an end-to-end security solution, enabling full visibility of their networks and automating remedial action to a security event or risk such as a virus outbreak” “LANGuardian provides an important virtual security barrier, monitoring a full range of standard and unique compliance issues. The integration of LANGuardian with our leading NAC product, ensures that both LANGuardian and Bradford Networks remain the leading NAC and Compliance products on the market today” stated Matt Ashman – Khipu Commercial Manager LANGuardian monitors network traffic via the monitoring port on your core switch. It can monitor traffic conforming to standard protocols such as NetFlow and sFlow. LANGuardian stores traffic data in a database, so you can view historical as well as real-time activity on your LAN. For further information on what LANGuardian can monitor, click here One of the additional benefits of LANGuardian is it’s ease of integration with our leading NAC products (Bradford Networks Adaptive Network Security) range. This integration adds significant granularity to post connection compliance, therefore if a user or device breaches a data security policy (i.e. emailing credit card numbers) then LANGuardian can trigger an alert to Bradford Networks to immedietely isolate the device / user, as well as sending full device / location / user / MAC & IP Address details to the security officer.
For further information regarding Netfort LANGuardian, please contact Khipu Networks on 0845 2720900
Please click here to read the complimentary Netfort news release.