An intelligent, connected Palo Alto Networks portfolio provides this top three South African university with trusted, innovative cybersecurity. Security efficiency has increased by 80%, and the university is on track to achieve a Zero Trust architecture.
NWU security team faced an array of threats, from ransomware and cyberespionage to file less attacks and damaging data breaches.
To resolve the issue Martin Venter NWU Manger of Systems and his team conducted a rigorous proof of concept (PoC), analyzing five different endpoint security technologies, including Palo Alto Networks Cortex XDR in a controlled sandbox environment.
Cortex XDR outperformed the other endpoint security platforms in almost every respect.
The requirements included the ability to:
- Understand and track user identity information.
- Simplify and streamline security operations, automating processes where possible.
- Move NWU towards a Zero Trust security architecture.
- Safeguard large, complex legacy Windows server estate, including around 250 servers.
- Minimize the mean time to detect and respond to vulnerabilities.
- Adopt security posture based on behavioural analytics, not scripts.
Today, NWU’s Cortex® XDR™ platform blocks advanced malware, exploits, and file less attacks using behavioural threat protection, artificial intelligence (AI), and cloud-based analysis. Seamless integration with the ML-Powered NGFW has created an effective and complete cybersecurity portfolio—and moved the university forward on its journey to becoming a Zero Trust enterprise.
Palo Alto Networks in partnership with KHIPU has simplified NWU’s security operations with the below benefits:
- The unified portfolio offers safety and security
- Improved student and staff experience
- Increased operational efficiency
- Enhanced security, agility, and productivity
- Provides a simple, intuitive experience
“KHIPU is one of the most professional and forward thinking technology partners I have ever encountered. Their professionalism, proactive approach, and expertise enabled NWU to get value from the endpoint security solution almost immediately. They are also always looking ahead, identifying innovations to help NWU stay in front of change”. – Martin Venter, Systems Manager, North-West University.
For further information, please visit: https://www.khipu-networks.com/wp-content/uploads/North-West-University-Approved.pdf
Please contact the KHIPU team if you need any further information.
UK: +44 (0)345 272 0900
SA: +27 (0)41 393 7600
Cyber Security Specialists – KHIPU Networks
KHIPU Networks are cyber security specialists who provide Next-Generation Networking and Cyber Security Solutions across all market sectors.