Bradford Networks Mobile Agent App Now Available in Apple’s App Store
Sunday 10th February, 2013
Bradford Networks, the best choice to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices, today announced that the first App to enable secure network access for trusted iPads, iPhones and other Apple devices is now available for download in the Apple App Store. The Bradford Networks Mobile Agent App is a feature of the latest version of Bradford’s Network Sentry network access control (NAC) solution, which can automatically differentiate between corporate and personal assets and provision network access accordingly. According to eMarketer, iPad users will account for 68 percent of the overall U.S. tablet audience by 2014 – a demonstration that Apple products, including the iPhone and iPad, will continue to be the device of choice for many employees. The rapid adoption of Apple and similar tablet devices is driving the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) trend – making it an immediate business imperative to have a strong BYOD security policy within the enterprise.
The Bradford Networks Mobile Agent enables these Apple product-users to access the network securely while providing IT with visibility into which device has entered the network. ‘Our customers have seen a big increase in the number of Apple devices entering the corporate network, said Frank Andrus, CTO of Bradford Networks. “We developed the Mobile App to give IT administrators an effective way to differentiate between corporate and personal devices, and enable secure access for trusted devices. The App also gives employees the ability to operate their device natively, meaning they no longer have to sacrifice the functionalities of their device to access the network, creating the foundation for a strong BYOD policy.” In addition to enhancing network visibility, the Bradford Networks Mobile Agent App gives IT administrators the ability to:
- Simplify the process of on-boarding iOS devices and provisioning network access;
- Automatically register each iOS device via a unique identifier;
- Differentiate between corporate-issued and personal iOS devices;
- Check each device for iOS jailbreaking
Bradford Networks customers can download the Mobile Agent App from the Apple Store. Apps for other platforms such as Android and Windows will follow in the coming months.
Mobility Review Service
Khipu are working with a number of our customers who are reviewing how they widen support for mobile devices without compromising security or increasing IT support overheads. Our onsite mobility review service includes the following;
- Review of WLAN estate and plans for growth / expansion.
- WLAN RF planning (if no wireless in place) to determine AP’s and coverage needed.
- Current Bradford Networks deployment.
- User Connection Report; Staff, Students & Guests / Contractors.
- Device Connection Report / Trending; Different Types of Devices connecting.
- Visibility Report; Websites, Applications, Types being accessed through these devices.
Following the onsite review, a report will be provided which details what is required to deploy open and secure network access provisioning for all types of devices including;
- How to automate management and network provisioning for ‘any’ device
- Support considerations for device management
- Bradford Networks hardware (VM available), software and licences
- Required Professional Services .
- Wireless Survey Coverage report (if wireless not currently deployed)
- Application Visibility Report