Effective project management is a key factor to the on-going success of our network and cyber security projects especially when replacing legacy active systems, which requires no or minimum disruption. Our engineering team all follow this three-phased process which provides structured implementation instructions for carrying out projects.
Within the assigned service delivery team, we appoint a senior project manager, who has experience of similar deployed solutions.
They will be the primary interface between the customer (including its different departments as needed), the KHIPU service team and if required, 3rd party organisations. The project manager will be responsible for the managing the project from start to completion.
Our senior PRINCE2 project managers have extensive experience of our next-generation networking and cyber security solutions.
From the experience gained from our projects, we have developed the KHIPU Networks Project Process (KNPP) based on the PRINCE2 for the structured management of networking and cyber security installation projects.
We have managed a number of large projects, liaising with all parties to ensure tasks and deadlines are met. These include:
- University of Portsmouth
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- SITA Aero
- Virgin Atlantic
- Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Effective Project Management
The KHIPU Networks Project Plan (KNPP) is designed to be flexible to provide levels of project management appropriate for each project and follows the necessary steps to ensure customer satisfaction.
KNPP main objectives
- Pursue a structured, consistent approach to managing installation projects
- Ensure project manager involvement from the bid stage of a project
- Plan the project comprehensively, and monitor and control project implementation, testing and commissioning
- Ensure appropriate levels of communication with all parties
- Ensure appropriate levels of involvement by all parties
- Document the project thoroughly and ensure that appropriate documentation is retained for future use
- Close out the project, ensuring an appropriate transition to the customer and establishment of follow-on responsibilities for KHIPU
- Minimise risk and ensure total customer satisfaction with the project
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, and to specifications
- Provide rapid and accurate data for management control and project monitoring
- Ensure all necessary assets, personnel, and equipment is available to produce the required deliverables
- Ensure that all deliverables are of the highest quality
- Enable the customer to be a reference for other potential customers