The Jisc Frameworks – Enabling Fast “Risk-Free” Purchasing
The Jisc frameworks enable public sector organisations* to purchase market leading solutions and services without the need for a procurement exercise (i.e. tender, mini-competition etc). Jisc have undertaken full european tenders for each of the available technology and service categories so that only reputable suppliers and manufacturers can be used on the frameworks.
“Using this Jisc frameworks, especially during these challenging times, enabled us to procure a remote access solution without the delays associated with procurement processes. Within a very short space of time, we were able to expand the functionality of our Palo Alto Networks environment to support flexible working, via a direct award to KHIPU, under Jisc’s Network Equipment Framework Lot 7. The frameworks are ideal for the education sector, giving us access to market leading solutions without the requirement for a full tender process.” Suraj Uturaju, University of West London
To ensure the sector receives the best possible price models, all discounts have been negotiated sector-wide so that institutions, with any budget restrictions, can purchase these solutions at preferential prices. KHIPU are on the following frameworks:
- Lot 7 Palo Alto Networks “Top Ranked Supplier”: Next-Generation Firewalls (hardware, virtual appliances), Cloud Security: Private and Pubic, Advanced Endpoint Security, and Secure Remote Access.
- Lot 8 Proofpoint: Advanced Email Security – Inbound, Outbound and Cloud
- Lot 8 Alcatel-Lucent: Wired and WiFi Networking
- Lot 8 Infoblox: Next-Generation Security, Reliability and Automation of DNS, DHCP and IPAM (DDI)
- Simulated Phishing with Associated Training Service
- Vulnerability Assessment and Tools Framework
Who can use the frameworks?
It is open to higher education institutions, further education and specialist colleges and research council establishments in the UK. It can also be used by any other organisations connected to the Janet Network, including local authorities, regional broadband consortia, or other bodies whose core purpose is the support or advancement of further or higher education or of research.