How to minimise your cyber attack exposure – A case study at Coleg Cambria
How to minimise your cyber attack exposure
Coleg Cambria uses Jisc’s vulnerability assessment and information service to proactively manage network vulnerabilities.
Coleg Cambria in North East Wales, needed to ensure it could perform accurate vulnerability assessments across its myriad of devices throughout multiple campuses. The College had been using an open source vulnerability assessment service (VAS), however, the software was always behind on updates, lacked critical features and was difficult to manage.
The College was concerned that vulnerabilities were going undetected and that the network was left exposed.
- Their open source system was always behind the most recent vulnerability updates
- Multiple operating systems were difficult to manage and often not supported
- Unable to customise reports to prioritise and fix vulnerabilities
- No means of automating patches across multiple campuses
- Lacked the ability to schedule scans and alert on headline news vulnerabilities
The institution required a reliable solution which had a proven track record within similar education environments. Coleg Cambria turned to the Jisc framework for vulnerability assessment and information, provided by KHIPU, to address their challenges around vulnerability management.
The Jisc solution enabled the college to ensure that all critical vulnerabilities are monitored, managed and mitigated, with priority placed on the areas of the network which matter most to the institution.
- Real time vulnerability patch notification
- Single dashboard to manage all vulnerabilities
- Automated patch updates across multiple campuses
- Prioritisation of critical vulnerabilities – minimising the impact of a possible breach
- Customised scanning and scheduling = quick response and action
- Scans automated and scheduled to suit network requirements
Coleg Cambria now have a far safer and more stable environment – reducing the networks overall risk of a cyber attack through effective vulnerability managemetn. The service has allowed the College to:
- Identify, classify and prioritise vulnerabilities
- Assign and remediate issues across mission critical systems
- Store, automate and improve vulnerability patch management
- Dynamic automated reporting for continual prioritisation, protection and prevention
“Coleg Cambria takes it’s network security very seriously – it’s crucial that we can quickly identify and mitigate any vulnerabilities across the network, whilst placing priority on areas which matter the most.
KHIPU’s service, available on the Jisc framework, is far superior to the previous solution we had been using. We now have automated and scheduled vulnerability scanning across our network, to ensure its as safe and stable as possible”
Director of Technology, Coleg Cambria
Register your interest
- UK: +44(0)345 272 0900
- SA: +27 (041) 393 7608
- Or complete the below form
UK Public Sector Purchasing Frameworks
The below Jisc frameworks are available via a direct award to KHIPU:
Zero Vulnerability Infrastructure
Read more about our cyber risk assessment services that address key areas of your environment for maximum protection and prevention against cyber attacks. Free scan available!
Cyber Security Documentary
Weekly 15-minute webinars – Free Scan!
Join our webinars to learn more about our cyber risk assessment and services, and claim your FREE vulnerability scan!
Register Your Interest
I agree to receive communication on newsletters, promotional content, offers and events.
Your information is confidential, KHIPU never sells or shares contact information.