The KHIPU Security Operations Centre (SOC) – Designed and Continually Developed for the Education Sector
Providing effective cyber security services for the education sector takes time – you have to listen to the challenges universities and colleges are facing, you have to take guidance from strategic customers, market leading technology vendors and analysts, and invest in the right people, technology and training.
Over the past 30 months, we have been working alongside our customers and partners (including Palo Alto Networks and Google), and building on our security personnel to increase and enhance our delivery of specialised SOC delivered cyber security services that help institutions overcome the common challenges associated with continually protecting against and preventing cyber-attacks.
You are invited to our September executive briefing showcasing our Security Operations Centre (SOC) and the recently awarded Jisc Managed Firewall Service, with a great line up of speakers ready to share key insights into Cyber Security threats.
- 11:00 – 11:30 Arrival, Refreshments and Registration
- 11:30 – 11:40 Welcome – Andrew Brimson, CEO (KHIPU)
- 11:40 – 12:00 Evolution of KHIPU’s Security Operations Centre (SOC) – Guy Jermany, CIO (KHIPU)
- 12:00 – 12:20 SOC Services Available – Matt Ashman, CCO (KHIPU)
- 12:20 – 12:30 Roundtable Q&A Session
- 12:30– 13:30 Lunch on the roof terrace
- 13:30 – 13:50 What to do in an incident – Incident Response Best Practices – Jack Field, Cyber Security Services Team Leader (KHIPU)
- 13:50 – 14:20 The Jisc Managed Firewall Service: Steve Kennett, CISO (Jisc) and Henry Hughes, Security Director (Jisc)
- 14:20 – 14:40 Break / NOC and SOC walkaround – James Holland, UK Technical Manager (KHIPU)
- 14:40 – 15:00: Case Study – James Eaglesfield – Head of IT Security, Governance & IT Portfolio (University of Derby)
- 15:00 – 15:20 Roundtable Q&A Session
- 15:20 – 15:50 Break / Phone / Email Catch up
- 16:00 onwards Refreshments and networking at the KHIPU Arms (dinner provided for those staying in Fleet)