Don’t be victim to a cyber-attack – How to avoid phishing and protect against it?
Whether staff, students or guests, user education on what signs to look out for when an email arrives that looks or feels suspicious greatly reduces successful phishing attacks and user device compromises. However, since user behaviour cannot be controlled and is not predictable, awareness should be complemented by solution-driven phishing detection to ensure maximum protection and prevention.
Working in partnership with our HE and FE customers, earlier this year KHIPU launched its Phishing Prevention Initiative to help the education sector identify its risk to a range of cyberattacks so that weaknesses in their environments can be identified with recommendations on how to resolve and provide on-going protection and prevention.
Please join our 15-minute webinars where we provide insights to how our HE and FE customers are tackling the ever-changing cyber threat landscape, including phishing which is a huge problem for every institution, and how they have benefitted from the services that have been implemented. You will learn about how KHIPU takes a people-centered approach to meet the security and compliance requirements of the education sector including:
- Identify and block phishing attacks: Type of attack, how widespread it is and what necessary actions are needed
- Identify the risk of people opening phishing emails and being compromised so that the right type of training can be provided
- Understand what systems could be compromised by such an attack: Vulnerabilities, poor passwords, other weaknesses
- Visualise all apps that are being used on your network, private / public cloud: Are they allowed, have you been compromised
Phishing Prevention Initiative Webinar Dates
Protection against phishing email and stopping advanced threats
- Thursday 18th and 15th April: 11:00
How to identify and reduce your risk to phishing attacks using the Jisc Cyber Security Frameworks
- Every Tuesday and Thursday at 11:30 and 15:30
Understand and manage vulnerabilities across your entire network using the Jisc Cyber Security Frameworks
- Every Monday and Wednesday at 11:30 and 15:30
Gain a complete picture of what applications are on your network, are they allowed, have you been compromised?
- Wednesday 17th April 14:00
- Wednesday 24th April 14:00
If these dates are not suitable for you and/or your team, we can host the webinars at your convenience.
- “Educate your users for effective protection against phishing attacks” – a case study at Guildford College
- “Proactive protection and prevention against cyber attacks” – a case study with University of Winchester
- “Minimise your cyber attack exposure” – a case study with Coleg Cambria Case Study