We believe that effective project management is a key factor to the on-going success of our installed solutions especially when replacing legacy active systems, which requires minimum disruption.
As part of our installation services team, we have senior PRINCE2 project managers who have extensive experience of our solution portfolio and networking infrastructures. From the experience gained from our projects, we have developed the Khipu Networks Project Process (KNPP) based on the PRINCE2 methodology. We have managed a number of large projects, liaising with all parties to ensure tasks and deadlines are met. These include University of Portsmouth (1500 WiFi Access Point roll out), Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (BYOD / WiFi deployment) and the University of the Free State (2000 WiFi Access Point roll out).
Our engineering team all follow this three-phased process which provides structured implementation instructions for carrying out projects.
The KNPP is designed to be scalable to provide levels of project management appropriate for each project and follows the necessary steps to ensure customer satisfaction. Our KNPP has the following major objectives:
- Pursue a structured, consistent approach to managing installation projects
- Ensure Project Manager Involvement from the bid stage of a project
- Plan the project comprehensively, and monitor and control project implementation, testing and commissioning
- Ensure appropriate levels of communication with all parties
- Ensure appropriate levels of involvement by all parties
- Document the project thoroughly and ensure that appropriate documentation is retained for future use
- Close out the project, ensuring an appropriate transition to the customer and establishment of follow-on responsibilities for Khipu Networks
By using KNPP, Khipu Networks can meet the following objectives regarding its customers and their projects:
- Minimise risk and ensure total customer satisfaction with the project
- Deliver projects on time, on budget, and to specifications
- Provide rapid and accurate data for management control and project monitoring
- Ensure all necessary assets, personnel, and equipment is available to produce the required deliverables
- Ensure that all deliverables are of the highest quality